Friday, February 5, 2010

Application Submitted!!

Well, today I submitted my application for the 2010 Vodafone World of Difference...

I won't bore you all with the specifics of my application, but needless to say I spent a fair amount of time writing, reviewing and changing my application, only to have the Vodafone WOD website mangle some of the characters when I submitted it!! I suspect it was because I copied and pasted out of Microsoft Word, which has a nasty tendency to replace standard characters (such as - and "") with special characters.

The other strange thing that happened is that my application details were emailed to me twice, about twenty minutes apart - I hope this doesn't mean that for some reason the website submitted my application twice... not much I can do about it now though!!

I reformatted my submission to fix up the mangled characters and forwarded it via email to the Vodafone Foundation. I'm sure they will understand that there were a few technical hitches and that I wasn't simply submitting my application in the Irish style - you know, to be sure, to be sure, to be sure!!

As an added bonus, here's my youtube video supporting my application!! Feel free to share this video with everyone you know - let's get the word out there about my World of Difference application, and spread the word about Camp Quality!!

A few video facts... the song portion was done in a single take. The overlaying of the photos onto the song portion took 13 hours. The speaking portion was done in a single take, then after review it was decided to replace it with the portion you now see in the video, which took three takes to get right!! The photos are from some of the camps I have attended over the past few years.

Hope you all enjoy my video as much as I did making it!

3 comments:

  1. All that guitar practise certainly came in handy :)
    Good Luck with your application. Here's hoping you are chosen as a WOD finalist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elli... It would seem that shortly after I submitted my application, Vodafone extended the deadline to 17 February...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard nothing but great things of all that you are doing for Camp Quality with your entry into the Camp Quality 2010 esCarpade with the Booger Mobile, and now you have created this great video good luck with your appliaction you have my vote
    John

    ReplyDelete