Thursday, February 18, 2010

Applications close, and video views pass 750!!

Well, the application submission deadline has now passed, and the good people at the Vodafone Foundation Australia are no doubt reviewing submissions and putting together the shortlist of 10 applicants to be interviewed. I will find out if I am one of the lucky ones by next Friday (26/2/2010).

To say that I have been overwhelmed by the response to my video seems to be a gross understatement - I have received views from around the world, and comments via Facebook and email from campers, other companions, Camp Quality families, friends, relatives and total strangers, and I have been gobsmacked by the depth of emotion and the outpouring of support that I have received. Some of the comments have genuinely brought a tear to my eye - little did I know just how well loved and appreciated I am, and just what a world of difference I already bring to so many people through Camp Quality.

It sounds a little trite, but even if I don't get shortlisted, I know that I am already making a World of Difference for Camp Quality, and I will continue to do so in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Damian, congratulations on your 'World Of Difference' campaign. My name is Linde Adams and I run the 'Quilts 4 Kids' charity project here in Australia. Maybe you could put a link on your page to encourage families of the kids who are doing it tough to sign up for a quilt and help us put a smile on their faces. Check us out at www.quilts4kids.com . Have a great day, Linde.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linde... I will let my campers and families know about your website!! All the best.

    ReplyDelete